HANCOCK WHITNEY STADIUM
Hancock Whitney Stadium opened in 2020 and is the home of the South Alabama football program. This $78 million state-of-the-art facility offers numerous opportunities for the athletics department and enhances the game day atmosphere. Construction on Hancock Whitney Stadium started on Aug. 6, 2018. The first game in the facility was on Sept. 12, 2020, against Tulane. This brand-new stadium has a capacity of 25,450.
• 11 Suites
• 44 Loge Boxes
• Terrace Standing Room with Drink Rails (that can convert into a concert stage)
• Ample Concourse Room
• Up to 95 Points of Sale for Concessions
• Musco LED Lighting (ability to create light show)
• Daktronics High Definition Videoboard (Top 40 in the Country)
• Daktronics High Definition Ribbon Boards and Sound System
Location: Hancock Whitney Stadium is located at 500 Stadium Drive, Mobile, Alabama 36688. From I-65, take exit 5A and go left on Spring Hill Avenue. Spring Hill Avenue changes to Zeigler Blvd. At University Blvd, turn left. Once you reach Old Shell Road, turn right. At the fourth stop light, turn right onto Stadium Drive.
CLEAR BAG POLICY:
Approved bags and items included:
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon, clear, resealable, plastic storage bags
- Small clutch bags or purses no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″.
- Seat cushions/Stadium Chair less that 16″ (no pockets)
- One empty, clear plastic bottle
Prohibited bags include:
- Any non-clear bag including (but not limited to, see above “Approved bags and items”)
- Diaper bags*
- Cases (camera, binoculars, etc.)
- Printed pattern plastic bags
- Reusable grocery totes
- Mesh or straw bags
- Duffel bags
- Large totes
*Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear plastic bag for venue entry.
NOTE: There is NO ability to check bags at the stadium.
Items such as coolers, umbrellas, knives, weapons, and outside food and drinks are prohibited.