LendaHand Small Business Grant Program
Application Deadline October 1, 2021
As part of the LendingTree Bowl experience, LendingTree is excited to announce the launch of the LendaHand Small Business Grant Program. LendaHand combines the impact and efforts of the LendingTree Foundation, LendingTree’s Corporate Citizenship, and employee engagement. Through our strategic community alignment and by leveraging our expertise within our pillar areas, it is our belief that we can achieve our community commitment, which is to be a force for good in our communities and to make a real difference in individuals’ lives.
- Application window opens Monday, August 30th at 12:00am EST and must be received by Friday, October 1st at 11:59pm EST regardless of manner of submission.
- LendingTree will accept applications only during the application window. Only one submission per applicant is permitted. Applications must be submitted via website, mailed, or delivered to 1000 Hillcrest Road, Suite 115, Mobile, AL 36695.
- Five (5) finalists will be selected on or about Friday, October 22nd .
- Of the five (5) finalist, two (2) winners will be selected as grant award recipients. Each winner will receive a $10,000 grant award in addition to being highlighted by LendingTree. Winners will be selected on or about Friday, October 22nd.
- Winners will be selected based on the responses in the Grant Application with specific focus on the answers to the questions: (1) Why are you applying for the LendaHand Small Business Grant? (2) How do you intend to use the grant funds if you are selected as a winner? Please pay close attention to the requirements and program parameters listed in the application and on the landing page to ensure eligibility.
- Small businesses located within the city of Mobile, with less than twenty-five (25) full-time employees, are encouraged to apply using the Grant Application (coming soon to our website).
- The selection committee will be selecting five (5) small businesses to highlight for recognition beginning in late October. Of these five (5) finalists, two (2) small businesses will be selected as winners to each receive a $10,000 grant award.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Businesses must be located within the city limits of Mobile, Alabama.
- Businesses must have 25 or less employees, including the owner.
- Businesses must have been in operation for no less than one year with two years preferred.
- Preference will be given to women, minority, and veteran owned businesses.
- Non-profit organizations, liquor stores, check cashing agencies, gun shops, pawn shops, and adult entertainment enterprises are not eligible.
- Business should have more than $100,000 in gross revenue as determined via application.
- Business must be attempting to provide services or do work in the Corporate City Limits of Mobile, Alabama.
- Applicant must be listed as owner in public records or provide documentation at time of application that they are authorized to enter into loan agreements.
Information Needed for Application:
- Business gross revenue in the calendar year 2019.
- Business gross revenue in the calendar year 2020.
- Information of the controlling business owner.